Back to All Events
What is KEEM?
KEEM is a home weatherization project designed to help participants make their homes more comfortable, energy-efficient, and reduce costs. Eligible homes will be pre-audited. Once approved by KEEM auditors the home will receive upgrades from a professional qualified KEEM contractor. Participants will be able to reduce their energy consumption and take control of their utility bills. Being comfortable and energy-efficient, saving money, and doing the right thing for the environment is what KEEM is all about!
Who can apply?
· Single-family homes (includes duplexes) in Knoxville—if you live in the county still call!
· Renters welcome (will need landlord permission)
· Electric primary heat source & water heater (if you have gas still call!)
· Home is at least 20 years old
· Household income at or below 80% of HUD area median
· Home must pass Pre-Audit to receive retrofits
· Home owner/renter attends a Savings in the House workshop.
Where can I apply?
You can apply for KEEM at the following times and locations:
West Center, 2247 Western Ave – Upper Level MWF, 8-4:45
East Center, 4200 Asheville HWY, M-F 8-4:45
South Center, 522 Maryville Pike, T& TH, 8-4:45
Note: The North Center is not taking applications at this time.